When creating a website, many webmasters intend to choose popular PHP-based content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. Thus, a reliable PHP web hosting is extremely important for site success.
In below, we will explain what PHP exactly is or how to find the best hosting for PHP.
What is PHP
phpPHP is a server-side scripting language generally designed for web development, and it also used as programming language widely to create dynamic pages and applications as well. PHP could be deployed on majority of web servers and also as a independent part on almost every OS and platform.
PHP Hosting Guide
There are several aspects to consider when choosing a good hosting company for your newest script. In this tutorial, we will show how to a find good web hosting plan for PHP. Some of websites we recommend are BigCheaphosting.com & CreateWebSite.pro.
OS and Web Server
PHP functions with most Operating Systems. The main OS with PHP is as Linux. It allows different databases in web page development. There are many protocols that are easily supported by PHP. These include SNMP, LDAP, HTTP, POP3, IMAP and Com. Many web hosts have the software already installed. PHP is normally used on many OS using Apache. APACHE is the commonly used web server.
Choosing A Hosting Type
There are 4 main types of hosting types available to choose from, which are: Shared, VPS, Cloud, and Dedicated. The choice here is to get the suitable one that's affordable and reliable. Shared hosting is cheap, but on the other hand you have less control over the server. Normally, you don’t have permission to install new packages or extensions in it. So, before making any decisions, you should check these requirements key features:
- PHP memory_limit should be higher than 64MB
- To configure servers to utilize PHP caching, PHP runs as suPHP
- By default, the Apache mod_rewrite module is installed
- PHP can be used regardless of which operating system is running on the server. It works just as well with Linux, Windows and Mac platforms. It also supports a number of back-end databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.
- PHP offers multi-level security features to secure your website against hackers and other malicious attacks. Settings in its ini config file can be modified to suit individual security requirements.
- Many web host by default support PHP 5.1 or 2 for their shared hosting, several web host support 5.3. So far HostGator, is the only web hosting provider that's installed PHP 5.3.x in their servers and available for shared hosting.
- Drupal 6, which most hosting companies provide should be PHP version 4.0 or higher. The recommended version is PHP 5.2, even though a lot of web host have PHP 5.2 installed on their servers.
- For Drupal 7, the PHP version should be PHP 2.5 or higher, but in certain cases contributed modules will run with PHP 5.3 only, so this causes a problem for Drupal 7, so double check the hosting provider to see what version of PHP their running
Databases are a key component to most PHP scripts. Generally, most PHP hosting companies provide you with at least one MySQL user, and database. Before accepting that deal, however, plot out your database, and make sure one will be enough. If you have more than one full script, you're probably going to need more than one database, and preferably more than one user. This fact is listed, and generally advertised on all web hosts along with the supported version number. If it is not listed anywhere, they more than likely do not support such.
In web hosting parlance storage space is known as hard disk space. This is the space allocated to the website owner for website data storage. It is important that you are clear on the space provisions offered by the PHP hosting package you are about to purchase. Also, ask them if they can provide additional space if the need for it arises in the future.
Unless you are operating a website that will not grow in future this is very important. At first, every web owner starts with a single domain on the hosting package but as time goes on there may be need to add some more domains to the hosting package. Before you place an order, it is important that you confirm the company’s disposition towards add on domains.
An easy to use Control Panel will save you a lot of time on managing your PHP site from configuration, installation, maintenance to traffic analysis. We recommend going with a web host who offers cPanel orPlesk, which both are very popular and with them you’ll get a wide variety of tools to easily maintain your database, and modify Cron file, etc.
The crucial role that customer service plays can’t by any sense of the imagination is underestimated. Normally Good customer support normally features with 24/7/365 phone email, and Live chat support, quick responses, and no outsourcing.